Thursday, December 3, 2009

For those to whom this applies, how do you negotiate an ';open marriage'; in your relationship?

What are your boundaries, how do you deal with any issues that come up, how has or hasn't the arrangement worked for you? Thanks!For those to whom this applies, how do you negotiate an ';open marriage'; in your relationship?
Well, I think you have to have a very strong marriage and be connected with each other 100%. If it something you'lll have talked about, then it is ok to ask if your spouse is serious. If so, you go about it naurally. You have to be sure of yourself and that your spouse would never leave you for the other person/people or that you would not do the same. It is something that is only for pleasure. I get off watching him be with another woman but also pleasing me at the same time. He enjoys watching my facial expressions when I am with another man. Either way we don't leave each other out. I was a little jealous the first time but after discussing it with him afterwards, I was very comfortable in knowing that he thought of it only as sex, no feelings involved. You will never know what will happen. I know of people that couldn't take it, and in the middle of it, they called it quits and left angry. The marriages normally didn't work out afterwards. So, just be extremely sure that both of you can handle it, If there are ANY doubts, don't do it!!For those to whom this applies, how do you negotiate an ';open marriage'; in your relationship?
I brought this up half-seriously bc of a one-sided attraction I had to a friend from work. We had always said that honesty was the key, and that we would deal with these kinds of things rationally, knowing they are normal, and that monogamy is an unnatural state (in terms of evolutionary psych.)





I was open with a situation he wanted to explore a few years ago; I'm just a realist about sex. Why would carnal urges destroy my life, when I can be logical and reasonable? My emotions are strong, and intense, but I control them, not the other way round. I thought this approach was loving, sustainable, and respectful.





Anyway, it was always understood that this respect flowed both ways, but instead I got suspicion and accusations. I was spied on, hacked, tracked, and followed, harassed, and constantly accused, all for believing in--and honoring--honesty, and respect.





I found that the double standard is alive and well in my marriage. So, the theme to my little story? There will be complications you cannot anticipate. I'm sure some people can negotiate the scenario effectively, but I was told flat out that he will not share me. He's been angry, hurt, and lashing out, and I've been frustrated, confused, and hurt.





Pandora's box can bring about damage not easily repaired. How am I supposed to live knowing I am not respected as an equal, rather, treated like an incarcerated child? Would I have anticpated ANY of this? No. H*ll no. I'd have even said, ';pa-shaw, not possible.';





Good Luck to you. I hope you are sincerely aware of what you're getting into. Be wise.
why get married you can have all the sex with your partner without getting married.
Just tell him how it is.
its really about her, her pleasure is paramount
you don't. whats the point of marriage if you feel that way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
pigment