Thursday, December 3, 2009

How do to apply for paternity leave in Japan?

I would start by inquiring at your place of employment. Japanese citizens are legally entitled to paternity leave, but I have no idea if that applies to foreigners employed in Japan. Depending on the company, you could demand it but probably end up ';restructured'; out of the company after your return. Then, on the other hand, your company may offer you time off with a smile - but that`s pretty doubtful.





In my experience, my husband (Japanese, employed in a Japanese company) was given 2 weeks of paid vacation time to take at his leisure. I am a stay at home mother (or became one when my son was born) so he never needed to find out about longer time off. It ended up being great for us - my son was hospitalized for 5 months, so we were able to align the vacation with his discharge.





Congratulations, and good luck!How do to apply for paternity leave in Japan?
Are you having a baby ? Congratulations ! OMEDETOU


The amazing Japanese medical system never ceases to amaze me. Men having babies in Japan. . wow





Talk to your employer is the best answer I can think of.How do to apply for paternity leave in Japan?
It is highly unusual for a man to take paternity leave in Japan. It has only become acceptable in recent years for men to be present at the birth. Babies, kids education is the realm of the woman. That is not me being chauvinistic it is the woman's choice.
Good luck with that one. I work for the Japanese govt and NOWHERE in my contract does it mention paternity leave. Its unfortunate. Ask your boss to grant you some kind of special leave thats comparable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
pigment