Saturday, November 28, 2009

How does this poem apply to your life? ?

Success is counted sweetest


By those who ne'er succeed.


To comprehend a nectar


Requires sorest need.





Not one of all the purple host


Who took the flag today


Can tell the definition,


So clear, of victory





As he, defeated, dying,


On whose forbidden ear


The distant strains of triumph


Break agonized and clear!How does this poem apply to your life? ?
I guess when it comes to success, we all compare each other as to where we are in life and how we have progressed. When we see another person who is further along in their careers or something, we often wish to be in another person's shoes just to know what it's like to be there and wishing that one was there first than the other. How does this poem apply to your life? ?
It tells me the soud of all the things I want to do, and am personally capible of, but remineds me of my lack of support needed to succeed in those areas.
let me guess its homework
nice!





are you the one who wrote it?
Our self-image is opposite of what we truely are. We want most what we can't have. The ';apple'; in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
pigment