Saturday, November 28, 2009

I am recovering from a heelbon fracture 6 weeks ago have been told to apply small pressure how long before i?

its painfuul if i overdo it how long befor i can walk without sicksI am recovering from a heelbon fracture 6 weeks ago have been told to apply small pressure how long before i?
I completely destroyed my right heel bone in march of 06. It was the worst and most painful experience of my life. I've had 9 broken bones, about 12 trips to the ER, and 5 surgeries. Anyway, I found that you have to have a little pain to make progress. Just like the old saying ';no pain, no gain';. Are you seeing a physical therapist? If not GET ONE!!! I didn't walk for 3 months after my surgery (I had a titanium cage and 13 one inch screws put in my heel) and even then only a little bit. But to be fair I was in a cast for 8 weeks. It was slow and painful progress. Now I am better but I have occasional pains. Walking is a lot of therapy but there is no substitute for a physical therapist. It sounds like you aren't as bad as I was, so I hope your's is easier to recover from. Good Luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
pigment