Monday, November 30, 2009

I want to study in the US but I am not a citizen , how can I apply for student assistance or scholarships?

it really depends on where you want to go to school. it is unlikely that you will recieve any (or much) state or government financial aid, but again, that depends on what kind of college you want to attend. universities all offer specific foundation and course-focused scholarships that you could also apply for, maybe even online.


keep shopping for schools until you find a few good fits that are semi-affordable, than email them or call and find out what they can offer you. state universities are almost always cheeper and will offer you more financial aid. if you have a host school, they may too.I want to study in the US but I am not a citizen , how can I apply for student assistance or scholarships?
Unfortunately you can't apply for state aid or FAFSA unless you are a naturalized or legal citizen of the US. There are scholarships for foreign students, but there are very few and are highly coveted.I want to study in the US but I am not a citizen , how can I apply for student assistance or scholarships?
u have to get a good grades
I believe that you can apply for some private loans if you can find a US citizen/resident to co-sign the loan.
If you are not a citizen AND not an eligible non-citizen, you will not be eligible for federal or state need based aid. Certain colleges set aside funding for international students. You'll need to research individual schools.





However, before you can get an F1 student visa, you need to demonstrate that you can afford to pay for your education in the US, including living expenses. You can count scholarship toward this, but I assure you unless you are a top athlete, you won't get a free ride. You'll have to have your own money as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
pigment