Saturday, November 28, 2009

How would you like apply for Madtv? (i dont know if apply is the right word for what im trying to say.)?

I am an actor in training and people always tell me that i am gonna end up somewhere like madtv because of my humorous side. I can do impressions and i can just be funny but, i cannot do standup. i dont think my material would do well with certain crowds. is stand up the only way a show like madtv will notice you?How would you like apply for Madtv? (i dont know if apply is the right word for what im trying to say.)?
send them a video of your workHow would you like apply for Madtv? (i dont know if apply is the right word for what im trying to say.)?
I would say to work on your stand-up because you still have to perform in front of a crowd at madtv. That said, you could likely write down sketch ideas, a number of them, develop them, and submit them to the show. This would get you on as a writer instead of as a performer. There's a name for this type of submission but I cannot recall it.





There's even a writer who frequently guests on the show(Craig I think).





Best of luck.





PS I just read the post above me, another idea is to put your stuff on youtube. Then it's recorded standup, you can get a lot of fans that way and even become mainstream if you're good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
pigment